SO! I’m working on a comic that explores different futures for these guys. None of them are canon —or all of them are, whatever you want them to be! The main story ended open to new possibilities, and I’m having fun exploring those. (Also I’m not ready to leave these nerds just yet.)
The book will contain three “parallel universe” short stories, all taking place in late 2008:
1. Three Thousand Miles Away: Amal and TJ have a long distance relationship. One night, they decide to give Skype a shot.
2. A Song That I Know: Things didn’t work out. Amal, back in California, has a first date that winds up a bit odd; TJ goes about his early bird morning back in Providence.
3. For Fear That You Will Wake: TJ and Amal are living together in Providence, but it’s not all roses - they’re still adjusting to each other’s quirks and faults.
- I plan to have the book done & printed by December and available for purchase in January.
- There will be a limited print run (probably 1000 copies) but there’ll also be an unlimited PDF. (I may do a second print run if there is enough interest, but 1000 copies is prob. good.)
- Content is PG-13ish. Some kissing and one brief kinda-saucy scene, but nothing explicit.
- Standard comic size (6.625x10.25), probably 40 or 48 pages. Black and white interior, color cover.
- Title TBD
- Price is probably gonna be around $8 USD (PDF $3 or $4); shipping will be around $3 US and $10~$12 international.
- This will be available via the TJ&A web store, plus a handful more copies saved for ~another thing~ happening in winter/spring 2015.
Please look forward to it! I’m having a blast so far, and it’s been great fun revisiting these characters AND practicing ink techniques for my next work!
More info/updates in a few weeks/months as things solidify. In the meantime, I’m Livestreaming some inking this weekend!
Yes please and thank you I want it so hard. I will forever purchase anything EK does.